- Now that summer is here, chances are you or someone in your household will get a sunburn. Dampen a cotton ball or a soft cloth with vinegar and gently rub the toasted and roasted areas, your skin will instantly feel cooler!
- Ugly corns on your tootsies making you pass on the sandals? Try soaking your feet in warm water and 1/2 cup of vinegar for 10-15 minutes, then rub the corn with a pumice stone. You may have to repeat this process every few days until the corn is gone.
- Age spots (shudder) we all loathe them, right? Dab a Q-tip in vinegar, apply directly on age spot and leave on for 30 minutes, an hour, or more. Rinse face with cold water afterwards.
- Next time you have a sore throat try mixing equal parts vinegar and honey, take 1 tbsp. of the mixture every 2 hours.
- Are you dying to wear those hot new jeans if only there was a way to soften them up, make them not so stiff and brand newish? Do not fret, there is a way! Throw the jeans in the wash with 10 oz. of vinegar and usual amount of laundry detergent and wash them like you normally would. Added bonus: jeans will remain colorfast too!
- Who doesn’t hate those unsightly, gross underarm stains on t-shirts?! Soak the area with vinegar for 10-15 minutes then wash as usual. Stain and odor shall be banished! For really stubborn stains rub a paste of baking soda and vinegar on stain, then wash as usual.
- Don’t ever buy fabric softener again! Seriously. Vinegar is cheaper and your clothing will last much longer! Clothes will not smell like vinegar.
- If you are like me, you never remember to buy buttermilk when grocery shopping. No worries. Add a little white vinegar to regular whole milk, stir, leave it set for about 10 minutes, voila! You’ve got yourself buttermilk!
- Preserve sour cream by adding 1 tsp. of vinegar to a small container, and 2 tbsp. to large containers after opening.
Household Uses/ Cleaning
- Forget buying those expensive and mediocre dishwasher cleaners. Just run an empty dishwasher with vinegar instead of detergent. You will be amazed at how clean your dishwasher looks and smells!
- For weeds that grow in between the cracks in driveways and sidewalks, pour vinegar on them. Within a few days the offending weeds will die and will not reappear for months! And non-toxic so you don’t have to worry about contaminating your yard or your pets.
- When the temperature gets freezing cold outside you can keep ice and frost off of your car’s windows by coating them with a mixture of 3 parts vinegar, and 1 part water.